Req. # 10909
Title: Supv Radiation Protection
Location: Fulton, MO
The Supervisor, Radiation Protection supervises and coordinates the implementation radiation protection program. Key responsibilities include:
- Supervise and oversee temporary contractor radiation protection personnel during plant outages.
- Provide personnel and coordinate work requirements in the Radiological Controlled Area with the Operations, Engineering, and Maintenance Departments at the Plant.
- Supervise assigned personnel, including scheduling work assignments to ensure manpower allocations are adequate to meet plant conditions, approving timework records, including time off, and initiating disciplinary measures as appropriate.
- Coordinate various radiation protection and support with all plant groups at Callaway Plant to ensure the safety of personnel, efficient operations, and plant integrity is maintained.
- Set, reinforce, communicate high standards; promote teamwork and excellence; foster good nuclear, radiological, human performance, and industrial safety behaviors; provide appropriate coaching to workers; implement performance improvement initiatives; actively participate in training and development of workers; develop and broaden the skills of workers; oversee on-the-job training; support self assessments, etc.
- Responsible for assuming ERO duties in accordance with Callaway Plant Radiological Emergency Response Plan (RERP) including responding to the plant within the required RERP response time.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. National Registry Radiological Protection Technologist (NRRPT) certification preferred.Experience: Four or more years experience in radiation protection required.
Other: Must possess good analytical, human relations, and communication skills. Security screening required for Callaway Plant. After preliminary review, selected applicants may take the First Line Supervisor Test and obtain a recommended status in order to be eligible for additional selection procedures (e.g., interview) designated for this position.