AMEREN, Fulton, MO
Energy and Utilities
Req. # 11778
Location: Fulton, MO
The Engineer develops, maintains, and applies probabilistic risk assessment (PRA) models to support safe
and cost-effective operation of the Callaway Plant. Key responsibilities are:
- Advise Nuclear Division personnel on issues related to PRA. Participate in plant program groups that
use risk insights, such as the Maintenance Rule Expert Panel.
- Perform PRA activities to support safe and cost-effective operation of the Callaway Plant. Evaluate
plant design and licensing changes to determine their quantitative impact on plant safety. Implement
industry-developed PRA-based techniques to optimize programs employed at the Callaway Plant.
- Perform PRA evaluations to determine the risk significance of plant events. As necessary, interact with
the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to provide requested information and provide technical representation
for Callaway assessments.
- Develop, maintain and document Callaway PRA (computer-based) models to enable determination of the
quantitative risk associated with the operation and maintenance of the plant.
- Consult with nuclear division personnel on matters of qualitative and quantitative nuclear safety.
- Develop and maintain department procedures related to PRA.
- Act as an Ameren Missouri representative on industry working groups as assigned.
- Provide outage and Emergency Response Organization support as required.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university required.
Three or more years experience in PRA or Systems Engineering preferred.
Must have good leadership, decision making, communication, and human relations skills.
Security screening required for Callaway plant access.
*Technical career path level depends upon applicant's credentials.