AMEREN, St. Louis, MO
Req. # 11428
Title: Financial Specialist
Location: St. Louis, MO
The Financial Specialist is responsible for reviewing and analyzing Ameren subsidiary financial statements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare external regulatory filings with the SEC, FERC and State Public Service Commissions.
- Review, analyze and interpret accounting, financial and statistical data.
- Assist other departments with issues relating to report inquiries or the consolidation process.
- Proactively and independently research, report, and propose Company policy on financial and reporting matters,
including monitoring the activities of financial and regulatory reporting and accounting standard setting agencies.
- Control costs, increase productivity and at all times, safeguard the Company's assets.
- Perform other special financial projects as necessary.
- May review Contract employee journal entries.
- May prepare or assist in preparing executive level presentations.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university required. CPA also required.
Master's Degree preferred.
Three or more years of accounting experience required with a thorough knowledge of financial reporting,
accounting principles, standards, methods, procedures, classification of accounts and regulatory reporting
Strong analytical skills are required, including the ability to identify, analyze and research financial issues.
Strong oral communication and writing skills are also required. Must be able to exercise judgment and work
independently. Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Must possess good leadership and human