The following criteria are established for the award:
· The applicant must be a resident of Marion County.
· The applicant may be a full time or part time student enrolled in the nursing program.
· The applicant must submit a copy of his/her high school transcript and GPA, or a copy of his/her GED Diploma and test scores.
· The recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.0 to be eligible for the award
· The candidate must agree that he/she will apply for employment first to Salem Township Hospital. If this term is breached by the candidate, he/she will be considered in default and will be asked to reimburse the Foundation.
· One scholarship will be awarded for $5,000 and will be credited to the recipient’s account and is restricted to tuition, books, fees, and childcare through the Children’s Learning Center at Kaskaskia College.