Req. # 12082
Title: Supv Regulatory Reporting
Location: St. Louis, MO
The Supervisor, Regulatory Reporting, coordinates the preparation and review of regulatory financial reporting filings with the FERC and State Public Service commissions. Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as a company subject matter expert on FERC and State Public Service commission financial reporting requirements.
- Coordinate preparation of consolidated financial statements of Ameren Corporation and its subsidiaries that report results externally. Coordinate process responsible for preparing cash flow statements for all reporting entities.
- Responsible for the consolidation of Ameren financial information using Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) system, as well as the overall operation and maintenance of the HFM system.
- Research and propose enhancements to disclosures in the regulatory filings. Monitor the reporting requirements of FERC and State Public Service commissions.
- Assist in the preparation and review of information included in the Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, and other SEC filings, including assisting with debt and equity offerings.
- Assist with the maintenance and updating of Sarbanes-Oxley 404 processes and procedures.
- Assist external auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Manage other special financial projects, as necessary.
- Control costs, increase productivity and at all times, safeguard the Company’s assets.
- Supervise staff of two.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university required. CPA also required. MBA preferred.
Experience: Five or more years accounting or financial experience required, with a thorough knowledge of financial reporting (preferably with SEC, regulatory reporting and consolidation experience), accounting principles, standards, methods, procedures, classification of accounts and regulatory reporting requirements.
Other: Strong technical and analytical skills, including the ability to identify, analyze and research financial issues required. Strong oral communication and writing skills also required. Must be able to exercise judgment and work independently. Knowledge of computer systems and processes required. Good leadership and human relations skills required.
After preliminary review, selected applicants must take the First Line Supervisor Test and obtain a recommended status in order to be eligible for additional selection procedures (e.g., interview) designated for this position.