Title: Training Supervisor - Emergency Preparedness
Location: Fulton, MO
The Training Supervisor, Emergency Preparedness will develop, administer and maintain training programs to support the overall Chemistry/RP Qualification Program at Callaway Plant. Key responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate high standards during classroom/lab/simulator training.
- Implement effective analysis, design, development and evaluation of training.
- Facilitate line organization participation in the SAT process.
- Provide training support for other groups, such as Engineering, Maintenance, Operations, Chemistry, Radiation Protection and Radwaste.
- Provide technical assistance and outage support to the Chemistry and RP organization, specifically for hazardous waste management, water treatment plant, radiochemistry, steam plant chemistry; for RP Operations, specifically health physics instrumentation, job coverage and ALARA; for RP Technical Support, specifically operation of Count Room Instrumentation systems/equipment, internal and external dosimetry, and radiological environmental monitoring.
- Assume ERO duties in accordance with Callaway Plant Radiological Emergency Response Plan (RERP) including responding to the plant within the required RERP response time.
- Implement performance improvement initiatives; actively participate in training and development of workers.
- Oversee on-the-job training; support self-assessments.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Four or more years nuclear power plant experience in applied Chemistry and/or Radiation Protection activities required. National Registry Radiological Protection Technologist (NRRPT) certification preferred. Training experience in an INPO accredited program preferred. Experience in hazardous waste management, spectrophotometry, chromatography and atomic emission spectrometry preferred. Experience in calibration/maintenance of Eberline and Ludlum instruments preferred. Experience in Digital Command Language and VMS programming preferred.
Good leadership, decision making, communication, and human relations’ skills required. Security screening required for Callaway Plant access. After preliminary review, selected applicants must take the First Line Supervisor Test and obtain a recommended status in order to be eligible for additional selection procedures (e.g., interview) designated for this position.