Req. # 11989
Title: Career Engineer
Location: St. Louis, MO
The Engineer is responsible for the engineering support of the maintenance of transmission lines (100kV and above). Key responsibilities include:
- Provide design, develop drawings and order material necessary for the maintenance, repair and relocation of transmission facilities.
- Perform detail estimates for the budget as required.
- Review right-of-way matters, and encroachment requests for proper clearance. Interact with property owners.
- Manage ongoing maintenance programs such as patrols/inspections, tower painting, and spare material.
- Analyze maintenance and operations practices and continually find ways to reduce costs and improve system reliability.
- Provide technical support and direction to internal and contractor physical workers for both planned and unplanned transmission line maintenance, repair and construction.
- Coordinate department work activities with interfacing groups, such as Transmission and Distribution Design, Real Estate and Transmission Operations.
- Assist dispatchers in line restoration and analyzing transmission line problems.
- Develop programs and procedures for preventative maintenance on the transmission system, 100kV and above.
- Specify and schedule work to assure continuous and efficient operation of lines.
- Responsible for the preparation of work orders, requisitions, specifications, and other required documents.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university required.
Experience: Experience in transmission line design, construction or maintenance preferred.
Other: Must have good decision-making, analytical, organization, computer, communication and customer relations skills. Ability to work independently required. Working knowledge of EMPRV and computer aided design software preferred. Must be flexible; subject to 24-hour emergency call.
* Technical career path level depends upon applicant’s credentials.