Req. # 11965
Title: Petroleum Engineer
Location: Decatur, IL
The Petroleum Engineer provides storage field engineering for the gas storage field assets of Ameren Illinois. Key responsibilities include:
- Design storage field projects and coordinate the completion of these activities with the field supervision. Develop operating and maintenance plans for each of the storage fields.
- Design and study initiatives to maintain and/or expand the deliverability and reliability of the Ameren gas storage assets. Study and recommend optimum stored gas volume in each gas storage field to minimize operating costs while maintaining reliability of delivery. Develop injection and withdrawal procedures using gas well test and operating data to maximize deliverability of stored gas with minimum operating costs.
- Coordinate with Gas Supply to create annual injection and withdrawal plans and establish the peak day deliverability of each of the storage fields. Provide support for the completion of all storage field related data requests and complete all storage related permitting and filings. Compile gas storage data for the development of the Company’s annual gas operating plan and budget along with various governmental agencies and industrial association reports regarding the underground gas storage facilities.
- Monitor the gas storage field inventories. Analyze reservoir and well performance using historical data, test results, reservoir models and logs. Initiate annual adjustments to storage field inventories as required.
- Compile cost estimates, justifications, specifications, designs, work orders and requisitions for materials and personnel required to drill and complete new wells, perform remedial work on problem wells, and construct or revamp above ground facilities.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Petroleum Engineering required.
Experience: Two or more years’ relevant reservoir engineering, gas storage engineering and/or operations experience preferred. Geological knowledge and experience also preferred. Will consider new/recent graduates.
Other: Familiarity with natural gas dehydration, metering, processing, compression, piping, and codes preferred. Familiarity with the regulatory process also preferred. Good analytical, communication, problem solving, and human relations’ skills required. Familiarity with simulation, data bases, programmable controllers, gas storage facility equipment, and storage operations preferred. Some knowledge of geology, petroleum and underground gas storage and drilling technology required.
*Technical career path level depends upon applicant's credentials.