Req. # 11985
Title: Supv Distribution Design
Location: Urbana, IL
The Supervisor, Distribution Design is primarily responsible for managing and leading field engineering representatives in support of producing electric distribution, electric sub-transmission, and gas distribution designs for crew construction, in accordance with Ameren Standards. Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure outstanding safety results by actively serving on Safety Committees, leading weekly Department Safety Meetings, conducting field inspections of engineering representatives, and utilizing all proper personal protective equipment.
- Review quality and accuracy of field notes and designs and work with field engineering representatives, construction supervisors, and field employees to resolve issues identified. Verify adherence to all Ameren Standards and policies and the Ameren Illinois’ Standards and Qualifications. Supervise all activities of direct reports and ensure compliance with the IBEW Local Union No. 51 Labor Agreement.
- Actively participate in the Division IV Reliability Action Team and perform engineering analysis to make recommendations and manage projects to improve SAIFI, CAIDI, and CEMI.
- Perform distribution planning and engineering analysis of sub-transmission and distribution systems in order to identify capacity or operational deficiencies. Participate in the creation and presentation of the annual Load Analysis Meeting and develop projects to correct and improve the safe and reliable operation of systems.
- Review the physical condition of sub-transmission and distribution systems and make engineering recommendations for the replacement of obsolete or inadequate facilities. Effectively utilize and provide technical support relating to the use of the energy delivery business systems.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Division IV and function goals. Identify and implement improvements in Division IV operations designed to control costs and improve productivity.
- Provide support for storm assessment/restoration efforts; organize field checkers, dispatch field checkers, update outage orders, and communicate with the Division IV Command Center.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably in Electrical Engineering, from an accredited college or university strongly preferred.
Experience: Five or more years of relevant engineering experience required. Previous supervisory or team leadership experience preferred.
Other: Demonstrated ability to analyze data required. Proficiency with MS Office applications suite also required. Proficiency with OAS, DEW and DOJM systems preferred. Knowledge in Ameren Gas and Electric standards also required. Understanding of Ameren Illinois Utilities’ Standards and Qualifications preferred. After preliminary review, selected applicants must take the First Line Supervisor Test and obtain a recommended status in order to be eligible for additional selection procedures (e.g., interview) designated for this position.