Req. # 12003
Title: Senior Contract Specialist
Location: St. Louis, MO
Provides extensive multi-commodity contractual support and negotiation of physical, financial, wholesale and retail enabling agreements between counterparties and Ameren entities. Creates, interprets, administers, and facilitates the processing of subsequent enabling agreements¿ amendments and notices with an emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail. Coordinates input and obtains required approvals from Credit, Legal and/or Market Risk departments. Builds and maintains positive working relationships with internal and external customers while ensuring contract terms and conditions are in compliance with company policies and procedures. Assumes responsibility for data input and administration of contract databases. Oversees timeliness of confirmation processes. Represents department on special teams and projects. Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the creation, interpretation, and negotiation of enabling agreements and amendments between counterparties and Ameren entities
- Identify and communicate changes or amendments to enabling agreements to Ameren entities as a result from counterparty organizational changes or regulatory compliance changes
- Run contract / counterparty reports from contract databases and serve as the lead to any upgrades or contract data mapping changes to these contract databases
- Represent department on special teams and projects
- Oversees confirmation processes to ensure policy compliance
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required, preferably in business or a related field.
Four or more years of relevant experience required, preferably in a contract negotiation, legal, or utility industry environment.
Proficiency with Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and Access required. Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all employee levels. Excellent communication and organizational skills required. Proven ability to handle multiple projects. Thorough knowledge of the energy industry is preferred.