Req. # 11781
Title: Distribution Design Technician
Location: Peoria, IL
The Distribution Design Technician is primarily responsible for entering and maintaining Automated Mapping/Facility Management (AM/FM) and Transformer Load Management (TLM) data to ensure related systems are up-to-date and reliable. Key responsibilities include:
- Post as-built changes required due to construction projects (electric and gas)
- Adhere to current facility placement standards to ensure electronic maps are updated accurately
- Perform AM/FM switching operations related to system changes
- Maintain and update AM/FM landbase (subdivisions, municipal annexations)
- Coordinate resolution of AM/FM-TLM error reports
- Maintain Device Number database
- Update/maintain electric and gas distribution one-line drawings
- Provide drafting support, including the creation and maintenance of stand-alone drawings such as: low voltage switching diagrams, crossings & encroachments, property plats, emergency gas valve prints, territory maps, and accident/public contact drawings.
- Prepare and maintain gas maps for special projects as required for leak surveys and patrols to meet gas code compliance and ICC requirements.
- Provide maps and specialized prints for division and internal customers as required such as feeder and street lighting maps, real estate exhibits, and prints for periodic quality assurance inspections
- Create, maintain, and distribute plan & profile drawings, as needed
Associates Degree in a technical field required, preferably in Computer-Aided Design or Engineering Technology.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Extensive relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
One or more years experience analyzing and interpreting construction drawings preferred. Design or construction experience on utility distribution lines and/or mains preferred.
Working knowledge of AM/FM, Microstation, or Auto CAD related software required. Working knowledge of electric and gas standards, procedures and distribution systems preferred.
*Salary/job title dependent upon selected candidate's credentials