Req. # 11974
Title: Associate Engineer
Location: St. Louis, MO-Collinsville
The Engineer (IT) provides technical engineering design, implementation, and support for the hardware and software communications solutions associated with Local Area Networks (LAN), Field Area Networks (FAN), and Wide Area Networks (WAN) that are required to meet Smart Grid applications. Key responsibilities include:
- Determine the hardware and software requirements for a project, evaluate alternatives, and make recommendations
- Responsible for one or more high technical specialty areas of infrastructure technologies. Has some general knowledge of numerous technologies
- Provide some project management support. May lead and participate in the implementation of various data communications projects. Provides cost estimates and schedules for all projects with the support and direction of other team members. Manages small sized projects
- Provide engineering assistance on projects, field assistance in the installation of a project and operational support of existing and evolving IT networks
- Research and evaluate new developments and trends in the communications industry to determine required hardware and software standards for the corporation and to maintain professional expertise
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university required. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
Three or more years of experience in any of the following areas: Radio frequency (RF) design and IP based communication solutions/wireless technologies, LANs, FANs and WANs, data transport services and related network management systems, CISCO routers, switches, and related equipment, firewalls, internetworking, data communications, multiplexing, TDM networks, and SCADA networks required. Relevant project management experience preferred.
Candidate must possess excellent communication, problem solving, organization, and human relations skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and outside vendors/contractors. Candidate must be able to produce exceptional results while working independently or as a team member. Understanding of and implementation experience with digital and Internet protocol (IP) based wireless networks (point, multi-point and mesh) are preferred. Must be proficient in troubleshooting problems.
*Salary depends upon individual credentials and position market pay level.