Req. # 11919
Title: Safety Specialist
Location: Maryville, IL
The Safety Specialist is responsible for providing assistance with the Energy Delivery (ED) safety program and for providing guidance, advice and training to ED field operations leadership and personnel regarding company safety policies, procedures and programs to ensure a safe work environment. Key responsibilities include:
- Supervise, monitor and advise ED operating personnel regarding company safety policies, procedures and programs to ensure a safe work environment.
- Assist in planning, conducting and evaluating safety meetings; advise safety committees.
- Assist in interpreting federal and state safety regulations and determine appropriate compliance methods.
- Conduct field safety audits and provide guidance regarding proper procedures.
- Investigate routine safety incidents and accidents.
- Conduct analyses and assist in compiling safety related statistics and maintaining safety records.
- Assist in administering the safety recognition program.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Safety or related field required. CSP certification preferred.
Three or more years of safety or related experience required with Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or directly related discipline; a minimum of five years safety or related experience required with a Bachelor’s Degree that is not related to Safety.
Knowledge of regulatory safety standards, electric and gas operations standards, procedures and distribution systems required. Basic proficiency with MS Office preferred. Knowledge of utility business, financials and Administrative Code for Utilities preferred.