Req. # 11934
Title: Operating Supervisor-Examination Writer
Location: Fulton, MO
The Operating Supervisor develops and presents training to Licensed Operators, Shift Technical Advisors and Non-licensed Operators. Key responsibilities include:
- Administer initial and continuing training programs including classroom, laboratory, and simulator instruction; preparation, administration and grading of examinations; evaluation of trainee performance, and scheduling and coordinating training course presentations.
- Implement effective analysis, design and development of training materials in accordance with the Systematic Approach to Training process.
- Develop, administer and maintain Job and Task Analyses.
- Maintain training records and documentation.
- Reinforce management expectations during training activities including nuclear and personnel safety, human performance error reduction techniques, and ALARA principles.
- Develop and use effective training techniques to deliver training and maximize student learning.
- Participate in Training Advisory Groups/Curriculum Review Committees (TAG/CRC).
- Facilitate meaningful student feedback and modify training materials as appropriate.
- Supervise the activities and conduct of the trainees during periods of training. Provide coaching and counseling to students when academic or behavioral problems arise.
- Maintain training facilities consistent with standards of excellence for housekeeping and material condition.
- Provide effective support during Refuel outages and effectively fulfill duties of the assigned radiological emergency response position.
- Participate in training programs and plant activities to maintain required licenses, certifications and qualifications.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Four or more years of nuclear power plant experience in plant operations training or plant operations activities required. Certified Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) required. SRO License preferred. Previous experience with Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR) Plant designs required. Must be certified instructor, both classroom and simulator training. Must be an NRC Exam Author, with ability to author, validate and administer exams. Must have experience with ‘exam’ software utilized for exam development and post-exam analysis.
Other: Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and have the ability to supervise and motivate personnel. Must be dependable and possess good human relations characteristics. Security screening is required for Callaway Plant. After preliminary review, selected applicants must take the First Line Supervisor Test and obtain a recommended status in order to be eligible for additional selection procedures (e.g., interview) designated for this position.