Req. # 11714
Title: Director Division ll
Location: Quincy, IL
The Director, Division II is responsible for leading Ameren Illinois’ energy delivery services in the service territory encompassing Quincy, Jacksonville, Jerseyville, Macomb, Canton and Petersburg. The Director is responsible for ensuring safe, reliable and efficient customer service through oversight of gas and electric construction efforts and core gas and electric operations and maintenance. Successful candidate must reside in the division or be willing to relocate in a reasonable time frame. Position location can be Jacksonville, IL or Quincy, IL. Key responsibilities include:
- Foster a culture of safety and zero unsafe acts by championing safety efforts, achieving safety objectives and ensuring safety is the top priority of every employee in the Division.
- Develop the overall strategy and direction for the Division consistent with corporate objectives.
- Provide leadership and direction to approximately 200 employees and contractors, directly or through others. Ensure employees are engaged and aligned around Division and Company objectives and goals. Ensure employees are connected and receive communications in a timely manner. Ensure employees are developed to meet the challenges of both today and tomorrow.
- Lead the Division’s customer satisfaction and service reliability efforts and identify strategies to continuously improve performance and achieve goals in these, and other, critical focus areas.
- Responsibly manage the Division’s budget in alignment with financial goals and objectives.
- Maintain and continue to develop positive relationships within the local community and with key stakeholders including business owners and political leaders. Maintain a visible presence within the community.
- Ensure productive relationships with represented co-workers and ensure union contract provisions are managed in an optimal manner.
- Ensure emergency response plans are followed and provide leadership during emergency situations.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required. A degree in business or engineering is preferred. Master’s Degree in business, engineering, or another relevant discipline is also preferred.
Experience: Twelve years of progressively responsible and relevant experience is required. Relevant experience includes: electric and/or gas engineering, electric and/or gas operations/maintenance, and strategic positions with heavy electric and/or gas operations exposure. Experience must include at least eight years of progressively responsible people leadership experience (including the supervision of senior level professionals or supervisory employees). Experience with administering labor contracts required.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate: a working knowledge of general business and core operations concepts; strong people leadership skills; strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; and the ability to achieve results while building relationships.