Req. # 11804
Location: St. Louis, MO
The Engineer works collaboratively with Design, Construction, Operating and Maintenance workgroups to identify, justify and initiate projects for optimum electric distribution system development, and provides various technical support. Work location is primarily in Ameren’s St. Louis corporate office, although field visits and inspections are periodically required. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain expertise in using computer modeling techniques to perform power flow, fault level, reliability and power quality assessments for Ameren’s
electric distribution system.
- Perform system studies to assess electric distribution system adequacy and to identify the optimum size, configuration and timing of necessary system upgrades.
- Develop conceptual design alternatives for electrical distribution facility upgrades, perform comparative economic analyses, collaborate with other workgroups to reach consensus, and issue engineering documents to initiate design and construction.
- Develop operating information which serves as a knowledge base for responding to various contingency conditions on the electric distribution system.
- Provide support to operating groups in response to specific contingency conditions, including the impact of planned facility outages.
- Participate in the restoration of electric service during major storm response efforts by serving in a support role, such as a Field Checker to perform site assessment duties.
- Participate in research activities as needed.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university is required, preferably with an emphasis in power.
Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university, or pursuit thereof, is preferred. Professional Engineer License, or an active commitment to obtain one, is required.
Experience: Experience in power system analysis or related fields is preferred.
Other: Knowledge of personal computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio) is required. Knowledge of corporate computer applications (OAS, CSS, DOJM) and PSS/E is also preferred. Must possess good analytical, decision making, communication, organization and human relations skills,
and be able to interact effectively with various stakeholders to reach consensus. Must also possess initiative and a sense of ownership and pride in their areas of responsibility.
* Technical career path level depends upon applicant’s credentials.