Req. # 11762
Title: Project Scheduler & Cost Controller
Location: Collinsville, IL
The Scheduler and Cost Controls - MAP Program Management plans, schedules, organizes, supports, audits, reports on and controls costs for the MAP Program.
Key responsibilities include:
- Schedule projects, review project cost and variance analysis; audit projects; analyze scope change and design change requests; analyze progress and productivity and routine cost/scheduling reporting to ensure compliance with all aspects of Ameren’s Corporate Project Oversight Group’s Project Management Policy.
- Effectively communicate MAP expectations to project leads and other stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Perform variance analysis and earned value analysis consistent with the requirements of Ameren’s Corporate Project Oversight Group’s Project Earned Value
- Use resource loaded scheduling techniques to comply with specific recommendations of the Gate Approval Board.
- Assist with communication and coordination of program management processes across all MAP areas (Rates, Operations, Energy Efficiency, Power Supply, Staffing, eventually gas, etc.).
- Assist with the interpretation and compliance of Ameren's project management procedures to manage MAP within the CPOC process
- Assist with research and completion of ICC Data Requests
- Serve on the MAP Project Team as an active participant in the Change Control process
- Gather and enter appropriate data to ensure accurate tracking and reporting of MAP projects in accordance with Ameren’s Corporate Project Oversight Group’s Project Cost Management Procedure
- Assist with the development of reports and presentations to key stakeholders (Senior Leadership, CPOC, program managers, project leads).
- Provide project management support and expertise to individual project leads as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited University or a Bachelor’s degree in business-related field with significant construction experience required.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Experience: Five or more years of engineering/operations, project management, or scheduling, experience required.
Other: Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word required. Experience with financial applications such as UIP (CBS), Primavera, PowerPlant, Project Cost Management, and API preferred. Experience with EMPRV, TRIS, PeopleSoft and other PC tools preferred. Knowledge of electric distribution/substation engineering and construction preferred. Proven oral and written communication skills required.