Req. # 11086
Title: Supervisor Engineer-Repost
Location: Fulton, MO
The Supervising Engineer supervises and coordinates the effort of engineers in the area of nuclear plant systems engineering commensurate with good engineering practices and published engineering standards to ensure the safety of the public and plant personnel. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide engineering support to Callaway Plant in the areas of trending and monitoring, system walk downs, use and sharing of operating experience, work planning and prioritization, corrective action process, training and qualifications, maintaining and reporting system health, and Maintenance Rule/EPIX/Safety System unavailability monitoring. Provide mechanical support to Callaway Plant in the areas of operation, testing, maintenance, and design of plant equipment.
- Direct the preparation, review, and recommend the approval of procedures covering the activities associated with the workgroup.
- Review and approve requisitions for material, equipment, and spare parts of plant equipment.
- Establish the technical competence required for positions and evaluates the performance of personnel engaged in engineering activities.
- Schedule work assignments of assigned personnel to ensure manpower is commensurate with plant needs.
- Ensure conformance with Quality Assurance procedures and Technical Specifications covering responsible activities and equipment.
- Recommend procurement of outside assistance commensurate with group workload and expertise required.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited institution required. Engineer-In-Training (E.I.T) or Professional Engineer (P.E.) license preferred. Current or previous nuclear operations experience, license or certificate (i.e. SRO, RO) preferred.
Experience: Five or more years relevant experience preferred (must be at the career level or higher), including two years nuclear power plant experience. Successful completion of a nuclear plant systems training program (such as the 12 week concentrated programs offered by NSSS vendors) may be considered equivalent as one year nuclear power plant experience.
Other: Positions may be in Engineering Systems or Engineering Programs. Must have good leadership, decision-making, communication and human relations skills. Security screening required for Callaway Plant. After preliminary review, selected applicants must take the First Line Supervisor Test and obtain a recommended status in order to be eligible for additional selection procedures (e.g., interview) designated for this position.