Req. # 11889
Title: Security Officer
Location: Fulton, MO
The Armed Security Officer protects life and property from accident, damage, fire, theft and trespass. This includes protecting the public
from radiological sabotage. Key responsibilities include:
- Report all off-normal findings/observations to Security Management.
- Conduct all assigned inspections, patrols and post assignments.
- Perform personnel and vehicle search functions utilizing hands on and search equipment. Perform vehicle and personnel escort functions as
required and armed response functions as required.
- Perform Firewatch duties and observations for off-normal status of security and/or plant equipment.
- Perform access control functions to include visitor processing.
- Conduct alarm response and other actions as directed by Security Alarm Stations and Management.
- Perform security foot and vehicle patrols observing for unauthorized vehicle, personnel, fires, trespassers, unauthorized activity, barriers
integrity and other items as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Must successfully complete training and maintain certifications as a Nuclear Security Officer
through the Site Training and Qualification program.
Security, military, law enforcement, correctional officer or related experience preferred.
Ability to work rotating shifts for up to 12 continuous hours per shift required. Work shift will include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to meet the regulatory requirements as stated in the Callaway Plant Security Plan which includes successful completion of the
Training and Qualification Program. Must be at least 21 years of age. Must possess or be able to obtain a valid class "E" driver's license for
the State of Missouri. Must have no restrictions regarding the qualifications to possess a firearm under the Omnibus Consolidated
Appropriations Act of 1997 and the Gun Control Act of 1968. Subject to a background investigation, psychological testing, fitness for
duty testing and physical qualification testing in accordance with Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements and a Firearms background
check. Must successfully complete and maintain the regulatory required Security Officer physical qualifications. Also must successfully complete
Security physical agility testing and maintain all fitness for duty requirements. Security screening required for Callaway Plant access.