Title: Business Performance Specialist
Location: Quincy, IL
This position will be located at Quincy or Jacksonville.
The Business Performance Specialist coordinates, develops, and submits the annual function budget, provides
monthly forecasts of expenditures, develops and submits monthly accruals, and provides analytical and
statistical information to ensure the most effective utilization of personnel, equipment and materials for the area
of responsibility. Key responsibilities include:
- Assist department personnel in preparing a business case for items proposed for budgetary consideration.
- Provide performance assessments for all projects and research and resolve any significant variances between
actual expenditures and budget.
- Assist department personnel with budgetary, work order, and accounting related information as requested.
- Provide statistical information regarding the current business performance of the operations for the overall
division/function as well as department and project related reporting.
- Analyze, evaluate and develop recommendations related to the financial performance of the department.
- Assist department personnel with special projects as assigned including preparation of specialized reports
and confidential documents.
- Administer the department P-card program.
- Coordinate the submission of all work order related documentation to ensure they are properly completed
and entered and that they reconcile with the approved budget, amounts in UIP, and amounts submitted for
approval in the work order system.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Management, or related field from an accredited college
or university required.
Experience: Three or more years' relevant professional level experience (e.g., accounting, budget preparation and statistical analysis)
Other: Proficiency with MS Office Suite with an advanced level of proficiency with Excel required. Knowledge of specific Ameren
applications (e.g., DOJM, OAS, API, Oracle eBusiness (iProcurement, iExpense, CCTM), IMR, TRIS, and SharePoint sites, etc.)
preferred. Exposure to UIP and Power Plant also preferred. Must have good organizational, problem-solving, analytical, communication,
and human relations' skills. Demonstrated ability to monitor reports, solve problems and be decisive, proactive and self-motivated with the
ability to work independently on multiple tasks requiring priority setting and deadlines. The individual must show initiative and attention to
detail and work well in a team environment.
*Salary dependent upon individual credentials and position market pay level.