SUPERVISOR GAS TECH SERVICES
Energy and Utilities
Req. # 11515
Title: Supervisor Gas Tech Services
The Supervisor Gas Technical Services may be located in Division V or Division VI as negotiated by the successful
The Supervisor Gas Tech Services is responsible for the field operations and activities performed by the gas
regulator department that is within Gas Technical Services which includes the supervision of field personnel
according to the collective bargaining agreements, their safety, continued oversight of Ameren's safety programs,
pipeline safety compliance and the effective utilization of resources including stewardship of our budget.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, schedule and prioritize activities and duties of field personnel to ensure their effective performance.
- Accountable for the activities and performance of the gas regulator department in your respective area that
includes construction, operations, maintenance, testing, calibration, gas compliance calendar, odorization & record keeping, industrial commercial metering, inspection & calibration of gas transmission and distribution regulator stations, complex gas measurement, SCADA and high pressure tapping and stopping.
- Direct oversight of all pipeline safety requirements. Understand and implement all O&M procedures. Be available
for after hour emergency calls and inquiries. Respond to Emergency situations. Supervise and develop personnel on
your team. Direct and coordinate field activities with internal and external customers.
- Assist in the planning, development and the execution of the Gas Technical Services Capital and O&M budgets.
- Provide technical support and services to gas engineering, operating groups and individuals within Division
Operations, Gas Operations and Services, along with other Ameren Illinois departments and customers as needed.
- Maintain aesthetic value of fencing, buildings, property and above ground equipment.
- Frequent site visits into areas of your responsibilities.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or Technology
Experience: Five or more years gas related experience (e.g., gas transmission and distribution engineering,
operations, or construction) required. Five or more years of experience related to gas pressure control,
complex measurement, odorization, construction or SCADA/electronics preferred. Thorough understanding of
regulation/pressure control, gas measurement, odorization and the overall operational components of a gas
transmission and distribution system is preferred.
Other: Must be knowledgeable of the Ameren Illinois Gas Operations and Maintenance Plan.
Must be proficient with the Gas Compliance System and MS Office Suite.
Successful applicant must pass First Line Supervisor's test.