AMEREN, Collinsville, IL
Req. # 10363
This position will be located at one of the following locations depending upon the successful candidate:
Collinsville, Bartonville, or the Resource Center in Newton, IL.
The Engineer performs relatively complex engineering studies, design, and project management activities for new and
existing power generation plant systems. The position has primary responsibility for supporting Illinois De-Regulated
Generation non-Nuclear plants with travel required. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop engineering solutions, cost and schedule estimates, and preliminary designs associated with initial development
and budgeting of projects. Upon project authorization, perform detailed design and work with Drafting to complete drawings,
prepare requisitions and specifications for equipment and construction contracts, analyze proposals, produce cost and
schedule estimates, and assist or lead in the planning and coordination of projects.
- Lead the checkout and start-up of the new equipment.
- Manage projects involving transformers, switchgear, protective relaying and other plant electrical equipment.
- Manage projects involving Engineers; perform equipment check-out, start-up, and problem resolution.
- Maintain technical skills necessary to provide leadership, guidance, and assistance to Ameren AER fleet personnel
regarding major electrical systems and equipment.
- Interact with other Ameren and Power Operations groups, vendors, contractors and architect /engineering firms.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university required.
Professional Engineer (P.E.) license preferred. Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certificate preferred.
Three or more years of engineering experience in a Fossil Fuel Power Plant or relative industry/military experience
Good analytical, communication, and human relation skills required. Extensive travel between plants and general office
*Technical Career Path Level depends upon applicant's credentials.