Kaskaskia College has established The Honors Program to recognize students who have demonstrated, or who
evidence the potential for, consistent academic excellence. The participants will be selected by a committee
of faculty, staff and students. Honor students will be eligible to apply for designated honors courses which
will appear on student transcripts, and the honors degree will be clearly indicated on transcripts. In
keeping with the general mission of KC and to maintain a balance among all academic opportunities, the
Honors Program proposes to meet the specific needs of those students who demonstrate special and exceptional
The Kaskaskia College Honors Program Mission is to challenge students to think, to analyze, to investigate,
and to discover by stimulating them to achieve beyond the usual academic requirements. The program will
develop exceptional talent and ability in highly motivated students.
- To provide a cultural and intellectual environment that will encourage and support honors level work.
- To culturally and intellectually benefit the entire College community.
- To strengthen articulation with four-year institutions.
- To serve as a focal point for the development of innovative programs, services, and courses.
- To improve and expand the overall image of Kaskaskia College.
- To provide special recognition and rewards for truly outstanding students.
- To provide faculty with opportunities for additional academic vitalization.
Scott Crothers, Ph. D.
27210 College Road
Centralia, Illinois 62801