About the Program
Classroom, laboratory, and clinical instruction provide students with a broad background in all aspects of dentistry. Clinical internship is
provided by area offices under the guidance of Dentists and Assistants in the communities throughout the district. Students must be able to provide his or her
transportation to and from the various clinical sites.
- All dental assisting courses are day classes and held at the Kaskaskia Community College Campus.
- The program-specific courses must be taken in the order shown on the curriculum chart.
- Students must maintain a grade of C or better in all dental courses to remain in the program and to graduate.
- Students can take the required general education courses any day or evening that does not interfere with the program schedule.
- Students are responsible for purchase of supplies, uniforms and professional textbooks.
- Students arrange their own transportation to internship sites.
- Students arrange for patients to be present for clinical courses when required.
Students should consider taking the general education/non-dental courses
prior to entry into the Dental Assisting program in the fall.
For more details about this program, you are welcome to make an appointment with the Program Coordinator Mrs. Lori Schmidt at 618.545.3319 or set up an appointment with one of the counselors at 618.545.3000.
Comments & Complaints
If you have a formal complaint or comment regarding the Dental Assisting Program
at Kaskaskia College please address comments to:
American Dental Association
211 E. Chicago
Chicago, IL 60611
Comment(s) or Complaint(s) should be in reference to
the Standards listed in the Commission on Dental
Accreditation's: Accreditation Standards for Dental
Assisting Education Programs
Comments are due in the Commission's office no later than
60 days prior to the site visit.